There are no hard and fast rules for making your pink smoothie! This is one of many, so just have fun and experiment! This drink packs a powerful punch – full of antioxidants, rich in vitamins, and it tastes delicious. The following recipe is for 3-4 glasses.[quote]
- Large slice of watermelon
- Half med mango/nectarine (optional/seasonal)
- Handful of mixed frozen berries (fresh strawberries/blueberries if available)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- Small sliver of beetroot (according to taste)
- Heaped teaspoon of chia seeds
- Juice of half lemon or lime
- Pure filtered water or coconut water is nice
Put all ingredients in a powerful blender with a cup of water (more/less water depending on the consistency you like) and WHIZZ!
Best to drink immediately but can be kept in the fridge – covered for several hours if necessary. If left in the fridge, you will probably find the chia seeds will swell and thicken the juice so you may need to add a little bit of extra water.
Hey presto – happy, healthy family in 5 minutes. Think about all the good you are doing for your body.[hr] [alert_standard]
Body in-Tuition Superfacts
- Naturally hydrating
- Beetroot – cleanses liver, lowers blood pressure
- Chia seeds – extreme nutrient dense superfood. Increases energy, cuts cravings
- Carrot – Vit B, C, D, E, K for healthy eyes, skin – cleanses liver
- Apple/Mango – Vit C , pectin assists in healthy intestinal tract
- Berries – antioxidants/anti aging
- Banana – potassium/magnesium. Reduces PMS, helps lower cholestrol
- Watermelon – calcium/zinc cooling and cleansing for body, kidneys and skin.
- Lemon/Lime – neutralizes harmful bacteria